1. Purchase a PIM Premium account from the Property Inspection Manager website (www.propertyinspectionmanager.com), by clicking Signup/Login, and then clicking
2. Email Chintaro Support (email@example.com) advising that you have purchased a PIM Premium account and you require a private web database to be set up on your Organisation’s behalf.
3. Chintaro Support will email you back with a database name. In Chintaro, go in to System Maintenance> Reference Tables> Parameters and scroll down until you find Webservicedb in the Parm column. NOTE: When you click in the Parm Text field, press the backspace key, then key exactly what Chintaro Support have emailed to you in the Parm Text column. Ensure the is no space between the database name and the beginning of the field. This is very important - if there is a space, inspections will not be sent back to Chintaro. EG No space below:
4. After you've entered the database name and ensured that there is no space before the database name and the beginning of the field, select the Reference Table Inspection Type. Enter the types of Inspections that your Organisation will be conducting in the Inspection Type column. You are able to enter as many Inspection Types as you would like. Ensure the Active box is ticked:
5. Click the back button and go in to Preferences> Maintenance. Ensure that the Inspection Type Default field is set to scheduled. Ensure all other Inspection Preferences are correct for your Organisation.
6. Once you have downloaded the PIM app, tap 'Settings' at the bottom of the screen:
7. Tap 'About the App and Advanced Setup':
8. Go to the 'Chintaro Settings'. Tap the toggle on the right hand side to enable Chintaro (Beta):
9. The toggle will turn on (green) and a message will appear. Click OK to this message:
10. You will be prompted with a 'Password Protected' pop up. You will need to enter the password of C2015
NOTE: This password is case sensitive. You must enter the c as a capital letter.
Click OK when you have entered the password.
11. You will be prompted the Chintaro functionality has now been enabled in PIM.
Scheduling Inspections in Chintaro
Click the Home button to go back to the Home Screen. Click Property Maintenance> Inspections> Schedule Inspections. The following screen will appear:
This screen is designed to schedule Inspections for Rooms in bulk. You may not know the dates that you will be inspecting some Rooms/Properties, and if this is the case, leave these Rooms/Properties without a Next Inspection Date until you do know the date that you will be inspecting the Room.
For the Rooms that you do know the date you will be inspecting, double click on the row of the Room to open the Room Details pop up. Enter the Next Inspection field, and change the Inspection Type field, if required.
Click Update. The Next Inspection and the Day Of Week fields will be populated. You can change the Next Inspection Date by typing over the date and pressing <TAB> if you have entered the wrong date.
Select a time you will be inspecting each Room from the drop down list in the Time column, if known. Inspection times can be added at a later date if you are scheduling Inspection dates only.
Repeat steps 7, 8 and 9 for all the Rooms that you want to schedule Inspections for.
Exit the screen to save the data entered.
NOTE: Although there is a considerable amount of work in setting up the Scheduled Inspections for Rooms, this process will only have to be done once. Chintaro will automatically update the Next Inspection and Last Inspection fields, and once you set this up, you will only have to select a time for the Next Inspection to take place.