If you are currently using Chintaro with an Access database backend, you can choose to move your database to Chintaro Cloud to enjoy the benefits including:
- Ability to access your database from any device with an internet connection
- Gain access to Chintaro Mobile - the Chintaro app for Tenancy and Property Managers on the go
- Chintaro Support applying all version updates, Centrelink rate changes (AUS only) and storing daily, weekly and monthly backups of your database
- And many more! Click here for more features about Chintaro Cloud: Chintaro Cloud Overview
This solution details:
- What do I need to know before we move?
- Process for moving from a local Access installation to Chintaro SQL on the Cloud
- For further information about moving to Chintaro Cloud
What do I need to know before we move?
Before you move to Chintaro Cloud, you will need to know that:
- Your database will be converted to a SQL backend from an Access backend. Only the backend databases (rhmdat.mdb, rhmref.mdb and rhmaud.mdb) will be replaced by a SQL database.
- Chintaro Support will move your entire Data folder to our Cloud environment.
- Chintaro Support will rename your existing Data files so they cannot be accessed. If you choose to change the name again and regain access, this is of your own choosing.
- You will need to be running Parallels Client (free to download) on each PC that requires access to Chintaro Cloud.
- You will need MDB Consulting's help to set up your Organisation in the Cloud and move your databases.
- The cost for a Chintaro cloud licence is more than the local Access and SQL version.
Process for moving from a local Access installation to Chintaro SQL on the Cloud
The process for moving to Chintaro Cloud will be as follows:
1) You will be provided with installation instructions including installing Parallels Client on each PC that will be using Chintaro Cloud.
2) You will remove the existing Chintaro shortcuts from each PC.
3) You will provide us with your Data folder, including the MSAccess data files (rhmdat.mdb, rhmref.mdb, rhmaud.mdb and rhp.mdw) at an agreed day and time.
4) We will convert your database and advise when the conversion is complete.
5) We will hold a meeting with you and your team (if requested) to show you how to log in to Parallels and Chintaro, set up your Outlook and link your printers.
For further information about moving to Chintaro Cloud
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to discuss moving to Chintaro Cloud in further detail.