If you are currently using Chintaro with an Access database, you can move your data to a SQL Server database on the Cloud. If you do so, you should understand the following:
- Only the backend database (rhmdat.mdb, rhmref.mdb and rhmaud.mdb will be replaced by SQL database.
- The Chintaro.mdb file (which contains none of your data) will still be an Access database.
- Chintaro Support will move your entire Data folder to our Cloud environment.
- Chintaro Support will rename your existing Data files so they cannot be accessed. If you choose to change the name again and regain access, this is of your own choosing.
- The ChintaroSQLx.accdb file will also be stored in the Cloud environment and will be updated by Chintaro Support when version updates are released. This is on the proviso that all users are completely logged out. If users do not log out each evening, we cannot update you.
- You will need MDB Consulting's help to convert the database, and there is a one-off cost to this of $1000 AUD.
- There are minor differences between the functionality in the two versions. MDB is actively working to ensure that all functionality will be included in both versions.
- You will need to be running Parallels Client (free to download) on each PC that requires access to Chintaro Cloud.
- You will need MDB Consulting's help to set up your Organisation in the Cloud and move your databases. This will incur a one-off administrative cost of $1000 AUD for the set up.
- The cost for a Chintaro cloud licence is more than the local Access and SQL version.
- The 'Saved Views' for each user will be lost in the conversion.
Process for moving from a local installation to Chintaro Cloud SQL
1) You will be provided with installation instructions for installing Parallels Client on each PC that requires access to Chintaro Cloud.
2) You will remove the existing Chintaro shortcuts from each PC.
3) You will provide us with your Data folder, including the MSAccess data files (rhmdat.mdb, rhmref.mdb, rhmaud.mdb and rhp.mdw) by COB (5:00 pm AEST) on an agreed day.
4) The following day, we will convert your data. You should allow a full working day for us to perform the conversion.
5) The next day we will hold a Go To Meeting with you and any other users who wish to learn how to set up the RAS connection for Parallels, log in, log out and navigate around Chintaro Cloud.
For further information
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to discuss moving to Chintaro Cloud SQL in further detail, or if you have any questions about the process.