If you are currently using Chintaro with a SQL database, you can move your data to a SQL Server database on the Cloud. If you do so, you should understand the following:
- Chintaro Support will move your entire Data folder and a backup of your Database in SSMS to our Cloud environment.
- Chintaro Support will rename your existing Data folder so that it cannot be accessed. You will need to remove access to the database in SSMS. If you choose to regain access, this is of your own choosing.
- The ChintaroSQLx.accdb file will also be stored in the Cloud environment and will be updated by Chintaro Support when version updates are released. This is on the proviso that all users are completely logged out. If users do not log out each evening, we cannot update you.
- You will need to be running Parallels Client (free to download) on each PC that requires access to Chintaro Cloud.
- You will need MDB Consulting's help to set up your Organisation in the Cloud and move your databases. This will incur a one-off administrative cost of $1000 AUD for the setup.
- The cost of a Chintaro cloud licence is more than the local Access and SQL version.
Process for moving from a local installation to Chintaro Cloud SQL
1) You will be provided with installation instructions for installing Parallels Client on each PC that requires access to Chintaro Cloud.
2) You will remove the existing Chintaro shortcuts from each PC.
3) You will provide us with your Data folder, including the backup from SSMS by COB (5:00 pm AEST) on an agreed day.
4) The next day we will hold a Go To Meeting with you and any other users who wish to learn how to set up the RAS connection for Parallels, log in, log out and navigate around Chintaro Cloud.
For further information
Please contact email@example.com if you wish to discuss moving to Chintaro Cloud SQL in further detail, or if you have any questions about the process.