- Title: Choose from drop down list (Mr, Mrs, Ms, Master, etc.) If the title is not in the Drop Down list, you have the ability to type it straight in to this field (EG Father/Sister)
- Given names: Enter the Client’s First Name and Second (Middle) Name, if applicable.
- Surname: Enter the Client’s Surname
- AKA (Also Known As): If the Client is known by another name, enter the name they are known as in this section. AKA will default to the Client’s first name, but can be overwritten with the Client’s preferred name.
- Gender: Choose from Male, Indeterminate, Female.
When selecting an entry from a drop down list in Chintaro, such as Gender, begin to type the value until you find a match (EG “f” for Female), and press <ENTER> or <TAB> to select and move to the next field.
- Referral: Records the service/Organisation that referred the Client to your Organisation, if applicable. If the Referral Organisation you wish to select isn't in the drop down list, you are able to add it through System Maintenance> Reference Tables> Referral. Click here to view the Solution: Reference Tables.
- Registration Date: Is the date that your Organisation first came in to contact with your Client (EG date on an application form). The Registration Date will default to today’s date but can be altered if you are entering a new Client historically.
When entering Date Fields, there are a number of shortcuts that are useful to know. If the date you are entering is the current year, you only need to enter the day, slash, month (EG 1/9) without any leading zeros, and Chintaro will insert the current year (EG 01/09/2015). For dates in other years this century, key the day, slash, month, slash, 2 digit year (EG 1/9/02 = 01/08/2002).
- Date of Birth: Enter the Client’s Date of Birth. When entered, the Client’s age will display below the Date of Birth. The Date of Birth field is also used for the Centrelink Confirmation e-Service.
- Primary Tenant: Chintaro must have one Primary Tenant in each household. This doesn’t give any additional rights/responsibilities to the Primary Tenant.
- Address: Is entered when a Client is not currently tenanted with your Organisation. If the Client is a current Tenant, leave this blank – the address will be updated later when a Tenancy is created.
When adding a new line of text in to a field in Chintaro (EG Address), you must hold down <CTRL> + <ENTER> for a new line. When you hold these keys concurrently, the cursor will move to the next line. Simply pressing <ENTER> will move your cursor to the next field and not create a new line.
- City, Town, Suburb: Type the name of the City/Town/Suburb of your Client, or select from the drop down list.
When entering a City/Town/Suburb, begin to type the name and Chintaro will suggest valid cities. When the city appears, press <TAB> or <ENTER> and Chintaro will populate the State and Postcode. State and Postcode can only be changed when selecting a different City/Town/Suburb.
- Contact Phones: Enter 1 or 2 phone numbers of your Client in the Contact Phone fields. Phone Numbers may be entered without spaces (021234567) or with spaces for readability (02 123 4567).
- Email: Enter your Client’s Email address if you would like to correspond with your Client via Email through Chintaro.
- HNZC?: Tick the box if your Client is registered with Housing New Zealand Corporation.
- HNZC Person Ref#: Enter the Client’s Housing New Zealand’s Person Reference number, if applicable.
- Disability: A drop down list that can be customised to suit your Organisation where you can record a Client’s disability, if applicable.
- Employment: Is used to record your Client’s employment status.
- Target Group: Is used if a Client presents as part of a particular target group that your Organisation is targeting.
- Band: Used by Australian Chintaro Users. Enter the band of Affordable Housing that your Client falls in to. This will vary from State to State, but is usually dependant on individual circumstance and income.
- Bank Account: Enter the Client’s bank account details, if applicable.
- Rent Area Override: Used in Rent Calculation by Australian Chintaro Users.
Comments: Enter any general Comments about your Client in the Comments section. This will be information that you wish Chintaro users to see each time the Client record is opened. The Comments section differs from Client Notes which builds up a history of Case Notes about a Client. Click here to view the Solution: Client Notes.
To access the spell check function in Chintaro, ensure your cursor is in the field you want to check, and press the F7 key on your keyboard. The spell check function will open in a pop up box.
Click here to view the next Solution: Client Screen- Income Section - NZ