From time to time, you will want to remove a Property from Chintaro. For historical reasons, you can't delete the Property, but you can make it inactive. Once you remove the Active Rooms and enter a 'Returned Date', the Property will no longer show on your reporting.
Removing a Property from Chintaro
1. Open the Property screen. You must ensure that all Rooms in the property are vacated, and have a status of Vacant Tenantable.
Check for inactive rooms by using the Select All filter option on the Active column heading.
If any rooms have a status of Vacant Untenantable, double click the Room to open and enter the Until Date as the date you would like to remove the Property from Chintaro (Returned Date).
2. Untick the Active box at the bottom of the Property Screen:
3. The Property Inactivation Options box appears, where you have several options:
|Optional Returned Date||The date the Property will be no longer managed/owned by your Organisation.|
|Inactivate all rooms?||The option for Chintaro to inactivate your Active Rooms at this Property. If you have given this Property back, you will most likely want to inactivate the Rooms so this Property does not appear on any reports after the returned date.|
|Close all open Inspections?||If you have outstanding Inspections at the Property and you wish to continue to work on their records, untick this box. Otherwise, if the box is ticked, the active inspections at the Property will be made inactive.|
|Close all open Maintenance Tasks?||If you have outstanding Maintenance Tasks at the Property and you wish to continue to work on their records, untick this box. Otherwise, if the box is ticked, the active Maintenance Tasks at the Property will be made inactive.|
|Inactivate all Inventory Items?||Particularly important in where you have Inventory Items for Cyclical (Scheduled) Maintenance in the future for this Property. Untick the box if you would like to keep the Inventory Items open.|
4. Click Continue and for the inactivation options you have selected, you will see what has been inactivated:
Followed by a message appearing advising that Chintaro has completed inactivating all selected options:
5. You will see the Property is now inactive. Exit the Property screen. The property will not show in your reports or on the default views on your search screens (when you first open the search screen).