If you are a Chintaro Cloud customer, your Data is stored on the Chintaro Cloud server and is backed up by Chintaro Support. This solution explains what data is backed up and how often it is backed up.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- What data is backed up by Chintaro Support?
- How often does Chintaro Support backup your data?
- Where are our Backups stored?
- We would like Chintaro Support to store more backups for us, is that an option?
What data is backed up by Chintaro Support?
Each Organisation has a main folder in the F Drive of the Chintaro Cloud server that contains their data. Each organisation's folder will look like cORGANISATION (organisation name with a prefix of 'c').
For example, if your organisation's name was MDB Consulting, the company folder in the F Drive is called cMDB. To find your folder with your data in the F Drive, find your organisation's acronym and double click on the folder to open.
NOTE: You only have permission to open your organisation's folder.
The organisation folder on the F Drive contains your database files, code database (chintaro.mdb), templates etc. When Chintaro Support take a backup of your data, we back up the entire organisation folder (EG cMDB) which includes any sub folders, includin Client folder (mdb) and the data folder (Data).
Within the Organisations folder (i.e. cMDB) there is the Data folder that contains the database files, templates, Inspection folders and the Downloads folder:
This folder is also backed up.
How often does Chintaro Support backup your data?
The Cloud licensing that you have purchased includes the following storage of your backups:
- Backup each Organisations data every night.
- Store each Organisation's backups for the last 7 days.
- After 7 days, store each Organisation's backup for the first day of the month.
- Store 12 months worth of monthly backups for each Organisation.
- After 12 months, only store the Backup for 1st July for every Organisation.
- Continue to store an annual copy for 1st July every year (these ones will not get overwritten).
Where are our Backups stored?
Your Organisation's backups are stored on the E: Drive on the Chintaro Cloud server. Neither your Organisation nor any other Organisation has access to this folder to ensure that the security of your backups is not compromised. If you would like access to your backup folder to copy the additional backups (beyond what MDB Consulting are storing for you) to your environment please send an email detailing this request to email@example.com.
We would like Chintaro Support to store more backups for us, is that an option?
Absolutely. Your Chintaro Cloud licence fee includes the cost to store your backups for the last seven days, monthly and yearly as detailed above. If you would like to purchase additional storage space please get in contact with Chintaro Support.