The Client Notes section in Chintaro is used as a historical record of the interactions between your Organisation and your Client. Notes can be entered manually and performing some functions in Chintaro will add notes automatically (EG Change of Address, when Vacating, SMS or Email Sent).
Adding a new Note to a Client Screen
To add a new note to a Client screen, from the Home Screen > Clients > Manage Clients > double click the row of the Client you wish to add the note to, then click the button in the Notes section on the bottom right of the screen.
An empty Client Note pop up will appear, where you can enter the:
- Note Date: Will default to today’s date.
- Note Type: Is a drop down list where you can group your notes in to categories (EG Phone Call, Office Visit, etc.) You will be able to filter and sort Notes by the Note Type. The Note Type drop down list is customisable by your System Administrator.
- Note Title: Add a short description of the Note
- Note Body: Add the full description of the Note in the Note Body.
- Related Links: Is used to add Related Links on your network to specific Notes (Hold down <CTRL> + K to add new Link).
- Time Spent in Minutes: Is used to record how much time is spent on a task. Enter in Minutes.
For a new line in the Note Body, you must hold down <CRTL> + K. Simply pressing <ENTER> will move the cursor to the next field. When you have finished entering the Note information, click the Add button to save the Note. Notes will appear in the Notes Section of the Client record in descending date order.
Chintaro will automatically add Notes from certain functions to the Client record if you have system preference enabled to add Notes automatically (See Solution: Preferences).
Pinning a Note to the top of the Client Notes screen (Sticky Notes)
If you have a note (or multiple notes) that are particularly important and you would like to pin them to the top of the Notes list, you can make them a 'Sticky' note. When a Note is 'Sticky', it will appear at the top of the list, by Note Date. These Notes will appear at the top of the list and be seen first, each time a user logs in to the Client's screen:
To pin a Note to make it a Sticky Note, either tick the 'Sticky' box for the Note in the Client screen or open the Note and tick the 'Sticky?' box:
Sticky Note changes are audited on the Note screen (Date Last Changed, Last Updated By).
To remove the pinning of a Note, untick the 'Sticky?' box, either on the Client Notes section of the Client Screen, or open the note and untick the 'Sticky?' box. When unpinning the note, it will return to where it belongs in the date order of all other notes (descending default).