The only way to transfer a Tenant from one Room to another is to vacate the Tenant from the Room they are no longer tenanted in, and re-tenant them in the new Room by creating and activating a new tenancy record.
1. Open the Tenancy Record of the Tenant that will be transferred to another Room. Click the 'Vacate' button.
2. Enter the Vacating Details in the Vacating Details pop up and select 'Transfer' in the Reason For Leaving drop down list.
NOTE: The Tenancy End Date will default to today's date, so you may need to change this date to the actual date the Tenant transferred (if it is not today's date).
3. Click Vacate.
4. You will get a warning message asking if you are sure you want to vacate the Tenant. Click Yes.
5. The Tenancy Record will now show the Tenant as Vacated (Vacated Date will be entered, and the Reason for Leaving and Exit Point fields will be active):
6. From the Client Search Screen, locate the Tenant you are transferring, and double click on their row to open their Client Record.
7. Click the Create Tenancy button:
8. Select the Room the Tenant will be transferred to, edit the Rent Record with the new Rent amount, and enter the Tenancy Start Date.
9. Click Activate when you are ready to activate the Tenancy.
10. Tick the 'Transfer' box to indicate that this Tenant has transferred Rooms.