1. From the Home Screen> Tenancies> Manage Tenancies> double click the Tenant you want to edit the rent for. Click the Edit Rent button on the left hand side of the Tenancy Record.
2. The current rent record will be at the top of the record, and the end date of the current record will be blank.
3. Enter an end date to close off the old rent record. The end date will be the date before the new rate comes in. Do not alter the figure in the rent column.
4. After you have entered the end date as the day before the new rent will be charged, click in the Start Date box of the record at the bottom (with the *).
5. Create a new rent charge by entering the Start Date, new rent amount, other charges (if applicable) and the Market Rent of the Room.Leave the end date blank.
6. Clicking on another screen function or exiting the screen will save the new rent record. The new rent charge will appear on the left hand side of the screen: