Error: Cannot open database 'X:\chintaro\data\rhp.mdw'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes or it may be corrupt.
Modified on: Tue, 27 Feb, 2018 at 12:26 PM
If you try and open Chintaro and you get the error 'Cannot open database 'X:\chintaro\data\rhp.mdw'. It may not be a database that your application recognizes or it may be corrupt.' you will need to set up a repair and compact for your rhp.mdw file:
1. Download the RHP1.zip
file attached to this solution.
2. Open your downloads folder, and extract the rhp1.mdw file from the RHP1.zip folder.
3. Copy the rhp1.mdw file to your Chintaro (or CODA) \Data folder
4. Copy your Chintaro icon on your desktop
5. Paste the copied icon on your desktop and rename it Chintaro Repair RHP.MDW
6. Right click the Chintaro Repair RHP.MDW icon, and select 'Properties'
7. In the Target Line, copy everything after \wrkgrp:
8. Delete the middle section of the target line (EG: "c:\chintaro\data\chintaro.mdb") just before \wrkgrp and paste the copy of everything you just copied from after /wrkgrp:
NOTE: The Target Line should now read something like: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE" C:\Chintaro\Data\RHP.mdw /wrkgrp "c:\chintaro\data\rhp.mdw"
9. Now, in the Target Line, add the following information in bold: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\MSACCESS.EXE" C:\Chintaro\Data\RHP.mdw /wrkgrp "c:\chintaro\data\rhp1.mdw" /repair
10. Click 'Apply' and then 'OK'
11. Double click the Repair RHP.MDW shortcut
12. Enter your username and password
13. The repair and compact will run and Access will close.
14. Double click your normal Chintaro icon and log in
Did you find it helpful?
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.