At times, organisations will receive updated Market Rent information for Properties via a spreadsheet which can be directly imported into Chintaro and updated in bulk, for example, New Zealand users who receive a file from MSD.
The file format is flexible, however, there are some minimum fields that are required to enable the file to import successfully, which include:
- A field to identify each property (either ID, Property name or ISIP/CPAG/UPI number)
- the date and amount of the new market rent
- and the new property valuation.
The column headings from your file will be selected at the time you import the file, so that you can select the correct headings to match the required fields.
Updating the Market Rents from a file in bulk
To update your Property Market Rents from a file, select Home > Properties > Update Market Rents From File
The Market Rent Update screen will open.
- Select Text File - browse to the file that contains the New Market rent information. The file format is flexible and may be an excel file or a CSV format text file.
- Import The File - click the Import button. If successful you will see the 'Import Complete!' message. Click OK.
- Select Property Field to match on- select one of three methods to match your properties from the import file.
- ID - select this option to match the Chintaro PropertyID field. Note: you will need to include leading zeros in your data file to use this match criterion.
- ISIP - select this option to match on the ISIP data recorded in Chintaro on Property screen below the Property name. The label on your database may be CPG# or UPI#
- PropertyName - select this option to match the data in your Chintaro Property Name field.
- Select Property Field - select the name of the appropriate column heading from your import file that contains the data type you selected at step 3.
- Select New Market Rent Date - select the name of the appropriate column heading from your import file that contains the date that the new market rent will apply. The date may be the same for all or different for each property. The date may be future or past.
- Select New Market Rent - select the name of the appropriate column heading from your import file that contains the new market rent amount for the entire property. The total amount will be allocated equally to the number of active rooms in the property.
- Select New Valuation (Optional) - select the name of the appropriate column heading from your import file that contains the new valuation of the property.
- Update Market Rents - click the Apply Market Rent button to import the market rent into each room record for the properties.
A message will appear to show you that the file has been 'Imported and updated successfully'.
This section notes on the progress of the process and any errors will be shown in the Errors pane.
Contact Chintaro Support with a screenshot of this section for investigation or further information.
Reviewing the last import
You can review the last import by opening the Properties> Manage Room screen.
Double click the row of the room you would like to check. The new market rent (or portion) will be applied to your rooms(s):
To review the imported Valuation data in each Property, open a Property screen.
The date of the Last Valuation along with the Valuation figure will reflect the values contained in your file.
For further support on how to use this function
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any further questions on how to use this screen.