The Chintaro Access Cloud Installation Guide is designed to provide step by step instructions for installation of Chintaro on the cloud. The document contains the following instructions:
- Book in a 'Go Live' with Chintaro Support
- Install Parallels Client for all users
- Remove existing Chintaro shortcuts for all users (if applicable)
- Book in Go To Meeting/s
- Rename and send data folder (if applicable)
- Chintaro Support sets up your Cloud environment
- Go To Meeting to Set up RAS connection and Training with Chintaro Support
Requirements for Chintaro Cloud
Chintaro Cloud requires a continuous connection to the internet. If you are unsure what your internet speed is please run a speed test using this link to send to Chintaro Support: http://www.speedtest.net
Parallels Client is free to download from this link: http://www.parallels.com/au/products/ras/download/client/
Before proceeding you must understand the following:
- Chintaro Support will move your entire Data folder to our Cloud environment.
- Chintaro Support will rename your existing Data files so they cannot be accessed. If you choose to change the name again and regain access, this is of your own choosing.
- The chintaro.mdb file will also be stored in the Cloud environment and will be updated by Chintaro Support when version updates are released. This is on the proviso that all users are completely logged out. If users do not log out each evening, we cannot update you.
- You will need to be running Parallels Client (free to download) on each PC that requires access to Chintaro Cloud.
- You will need MDB Consulting's help to set up your Organisation in the Cloud and move your databases. This will incur a one-off administrative cost of $1000 AUD for the set up.
- The cost for a Chintaro cloud licence is more than the local Access and SQL version.
The first step to move to Chintaro Cloud is to book in a 'Go Live' date with Chintaro Support. This date is the day that you will draw a line in the sand that you will no longer use Chintaro local and from that day forward will be using the cloud version only. If you are a new Chintaro user, this will be the day that you start using Chintaro Cloud and will most likely be in conjunction with your training dates.
There are 2 ways to access your Chintaro Cloud database. The first is through any web browser, and the instructions to access your database via the web are here: Logging in to Chintaro Cloud through a Web Browser. The second is with a program installed on your PC called Parallels Client. The instructions for how to do this can be found here: Installing Parallels Client for Chintaro Cloud
If you are an existing Chintaro user you will also need to remove the Chintaro shortcuts from each users desktop. For how to do this please see this solution: How to remove your Chintaro shortcuts to move to Chintaro Cloud. If you are a new Chintaro user, disregard this step.
If you are a new Chintaro user, Chintaro Support will book in 1 x Go To Meeting to show you how to navigate around using the Parallels and Chintaro Cloud platform. If you are an existing Chintaro user, after the go live date has been nominated Chintaro Support will book in 2 x Go To Meetings with you. One to take your data folder and move it to the cloud during which time we will also rename your Data folder to Data1 (or something similar) so that users cannot access the database locally anymore and the other to show you how to navigate around using the Parallels and Chintaro Cloud platform.
If you are an existing customer there are a couple of different options for the 2 x Go To Meetings. We suggest Option 1 as it has minimal downtime for users, however, you can elect to move during the day if that would be your preference. Note: Existing users will not have access to Chintaro from after the first Go To Meeting up until the second Go To Meeting.
- Option 1: Book the first Go To Meeting at COB (AEST) one afternoon for Chintaro Support to get your data and the second at 9 am (AEST) the next morning.
- Option 2: Book the two Go To Meeting during the day at convenient times for Chintaro Support and the Organisation or IT Team.
If you are an existing user Chintaro Support will hold the first Go To Meeting with you to move your data folder. During the Go To Meeting Chintaro Support will zip up your data folder and upload it to our Dropbox account so that it can be transferred to the Cloud server. If you would prefer, you can email that data folder to us (if it isn't too large) or upload it to a platform of your choosing to share with Chintaro Support so that we can download it. NOTE: Users will not have access to Chintaro once we have this time. Your data folder will be on a shared network drive and it will contain the following files and folders:
If you are a new Chintaro user, as opposed to an existing user, we will set you up with either a blank database or your converted data (depending on what you have purchased) so there is no need to book in this meeting.
Chintaro Support will now set up your cloud environment with either your data or the data you have purchased (whether that be a blank database or a data conversion). If you are an existing user, you will not have access to Chintaro during this time. Once we have concluded the set up - depending on which option you selected if you are an existing user - we will then hold the next Go To Meeting.
Chintaro Support will hold the next (or first for new customers) Go To Meeting. During this meeting we will go through the following information:
- Setting up your Chintaro RAS Connection
- Logging into Chintaro Cloud through a Web Browser (Parallels)
- Logging off Chintaro from the Parallels Web Browser
- Logging into Parallels Client
- Logging off Chintaro from Parallels Client on your PC
- Accessing your Cloud Apps and Chintaro Data Folder
- Configuring Outlook for Chintaro Cloud
- Changing your Parallels Password
- Setting up your Default Printer in Parallels Client
- Installing Parallels Client on an iPad