The Multi Bank Processing (2 Line) screen is used to import payment files for Tenants who are charged rent, and multiple other charges. The 2 line screen is used as you will be able to see more information regarding the other charges when the payments are imported. This screen can be used for both Centrepay files and Bank Statements.
To import Bank Statements directly in to Chintaro, from the Finance Sub-Menu, click Bank Functions and then click Multi Bank Processing (2 Line).
The Multi Bank Processing (2 Line) screen opens, which looks similar to the Multi Bank Processing Screen
The steps to import Bank Statements are listed in order from 1-5.
1. Select Import File: Click the button to find the file you want to import. When you have found the file, click to highlight it, and then click Open.
2. Select Bank Account: Select the Bank Account that you will be importing the file to. Ensure you select the correct Bank Account if you are importing a Bank Statement.
3. Import the File: Click . All of the transactions in the file will be imported in to the main section of the screen. The dates of the Transactions will appear next to the Import Button
This screen is like a holding screen, and the payments imported will not go on to Tenancy record until you have looked at the information and you are satisfied that it is correct.
When the file is imported in to Chintaro, each payment will have 2 lines – one for the payment amounts, and one to describe what split is for.
You are able to change the payment amounts in the Other Amount 1 - Other Amount 5 columns by changing the vales in these fields, as long as all payments add up to the total amount received from Centrepay (EG take $5 from a Furniture Payment, and add the $5 to a Tenant Maintenance Payment).
4. Select the correct Tenancies and mark all records that will generate a Payment: There may be payments in the file that are marked as *Not a Rent Payment*, and these will be for Centrelink Fees and Advises. Ensure the Payment Book ID in the file matches the Payment Book ID for the Chintaro Tenancy. Ensure all Rent Payments have the box ticked. Only Payments with the Generate Credit box ticked will be applied to the Tenancy.
5. Generate Payments and Transfer to Bank Account: When the payments have been allocated to the correct Tenancies, click
Chintaro will advise you the number of Rent Payments, Other Credits, Bond and Property Fee Transactions Generated to the Tenancy Records, and that the Transactions have been transferred to the Bank Account.
Click here for the next Solution: How to manually enter payments for Tenants with no splits