From the Centrelink Website
Centrelink Confirmation eServices is free service for organisations that provide rebates, concessions or services to our and Department of Veterans’ Affairs customers.
You can save time and money by getting customer information directly from us or from the Department of Veterans' Affairs.
To use this service you must:
1. Have a contract in place with us
2. Have a customer's consent before you can check their details with us, and
3. Be registered to use this service
Use this service to:
- reduce administrative costs
- improve the integrity of the information you use
- provide better customer service through an immediate response and a secure system
How you can use this service with Chintaro
You can use this service to update all of your Clients’ Centrelink incomes automatically. If you are calculating income based rents you will want to ensure that these income details are correct beforehand. Chintaro and Confirmation eServices make it easy.
Once you have entered the appropriate information against your Clients in Chintaro, you can produce a “request” export file which is uploaded to Centrelink, and then Centrelink sends back a “response” file which contains all of the incomes. This file is then imported into Chintaro and the incomes are automatically updated.
You can run this process as often as you like – each time, the old incomes are overwritten with the new incomes.
Steps required to use the service
Before you can use the service you will have to do the following:
- Register for the Service with Centrelink. NOTE: When you contact Centrelink, please advise them that you are a Chintaro User and are exempt from the testing process as Chintaro have tested the service. If you don't advise them of this, they may send you an email advising you need to provide a detailed written business case as to why you should be using CCeS.
- Make sure you have Batch Enquiry access to the service (not just Single Enquiry access)
- Ensure that all the Clients you wish to obtain income information for have the appropriate information complete on their client record:
- You will need to know your login to the Centrelink Business Online Services website (CCeS User ID), your company’s CRN, and your company’s CCeS Agency ID, which is a three letter Alphabetic code.
Once you have that information, do the following:
Entering Centrelink Preferences in Chintaro
Before you can use the CCeS screens, you will need to enter the Centrelink credentials that have been provided to you in Chintaro.
From the Home Screen> System Maintenance> Preferences> Tenancies Rent> Centrelink Preferences:
Enter the 3 fields of information required for CCeS.
Click Organisation Details and ensure your CRN is entered in to this field:
Create the CCeS XML Export file
From the Home screen, go to Finance>Centrelink Functions> CCeS – Export XML Incomes.
Displayed on this screen will be all of your Clients that satisfy the following criteria:
- Currently tenanted in Chintaro* (Optional to choose Primary Tenants only or all Clients in System Maintenance> Preferences> Tenancies Rent> Centrelink Preferences> CCeS Load All Clients = Yes/No)
- CRN entered
- Date of Birth entered
- Centrelink Income Authority ticked (signifying that you have the Client’s permission
Individually tick the Clients you want to include in the export in the Include column, or click the Select All button at the top to include all.
Ensure your CCes User ID, your CCeS Agency Id and your Agency CRN are correct, and select the Output Folder (where you would like to save the file that will be created).
Click Export. Chintaro will create your request file and save it to your Output Location. You will then need to upload the file to the CCeS for businesses website (Batch Enquiry).
Import the CCeS XML Response file
Once CCeS have processed your request, they will notify you that you have a response file.
To import this file into Chintaro from the Home Screen> Finance> Centrelink Functions> CCeS– Import XML Incomes:
Select the file you received from CCeS (Step 1) and then click the Import button (Step 2). Status comments will appear in your display window, and your Client's incomes will be updated.